After degree-seeking students have matriculated at Stevenson University, transfer of courses from other institutions requires advance approval on the form entitled Request to Take Courses at Another Institution. Approval of these requests is based on clear evidence that such courses are comparable to the Stevenson University description. Approval of these requests is made by the Dean of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies. The following guidelines apply:
- All major requirements must be taken at Stevenson University.
- Because the curriculum is based on a special commitment to writing, all writing instruction and writing-intensive courses must be taken at Stevenson University.
- The last 30 credits must be taken at Stevenson University.
- Courses may not be taken elsewhere during a semester (including summer) in which they are being offered at Stevenson.
- If a course taken off-campus is going to be used to fulfill a SEE requirement, the course must be equivalent to the SEE-certified course at Stevenson.