- Two consecutive semesters below the standard for good academic standing (as defined above) will result in academic suspension for a minimum of one full semester; i.e., a fall or spring term. After the semester of academic suspension, students may petition to be reinstated by submitting a letter to the Academic Review Board no later than two weeks before the start of the semester in which they wish to be reinstated. If extenuating circumstances exist, a student may appeal this suspension prior to being away from the University one full semester. (Petitions received less than two weeks before the start of the semester will be deferred to the following semester.) The Board will review the petition, interview the student, and will then make one of the following determinations:
- The student is reinstated with no provisions
- The student is reinstated on probation and must achieve a 2.0 GPA or better for that semester.
- The student is reinstated and must follow a specific program outlined in the reinstatement letter.
- The student is reinstated part-time.
- The student is not reinstated.