Student Grievances

Any member of the University community who feels that his or her rights (academic or non-academic) have been violated by another student, faculty member, administrator, or other member of the University should first attempt to resolve the issue informally.

In the event that a resolution cannot be reached informally, an investigation will be conducted to determine whether the allegation has merit and/or whether it can be disposed of administratively by mutual consent of the parties involved on a basis acceptable to the President or the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean. If so, such disposition shall be final, and there shall be no subsequent proceedings.

A College Hearing Board has been established to consider grievances that could not be resolved in either of the ways described above. For a copy of the full policy, contact the Office of the Registrar or Office of Academic Support Services or consult the Student Handbook/Planner.