Computer Forensics Track Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, a graduate in the computer forensics track will be able to
- Identify corporate liability in handling and preserving electronic data.
- Perform the steps in the collection, handling, and preservation of digital evidence.
- Identify forensic tools and their use in recovering operating systems, artifacts and data, the classes of forensic tools, and the tasks they perform.
- Apply the concepts of system policies, auditing, and data recovery, and perform forensic recovery operations using the latest tool sets.
- Configure logging utilities to track key events and preserve forensic evidence.
- Identify the classes of system exploits and the vulnerabilities they attack.
- Defend the network and system against hacking exploits and evaluate and select appropriate countermeasure products.
- Design an appropriate recovery strategy, create a disaster recovery plan and develop a plan to test the recovery plan.
- Develop criteria for comparing intrusion detection systems and firewall products and configure such products to block unwanted transmissions.
- Synthesize auditing, computer forensic, and investigative skills.