Transfer of Credit

Students desiring to transfer from another college and enroll in a degree program at Stevenson University must submit official transcripts of all previous college records. Stevenson University will accept a maximum of 70 transfer credits from a regionally accredited community college and 90 credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution. A matriculated student must complete the last 30 credits of their degree at Stevenson University.

The courses and credits completed with a grade of "C" or better at other regionally accredited institutions are transferable to Stevenson. The transferability of credits from an institution that is not accredited by a regional accreditation agency may be considered upon receipt of documentation that demonstrates equivalency regarding course information and learning outcomes. It is the student’s responsibility to provide this documentation. Please consult the Registrar's Office for documentation guidelines.

All transferable courses must be comparable to courses offered at this University. Classes that do not transfer include developmental/remedial, personal development, orientation courses, and credit given for portfolio work and internships by the other institution. Regardless of the number of transfer credits accepted, students must still complete the academic program requirements as shown in the Stevenson University Catalog and on the student's degree audit. Incoming transfer students have access to their degree audit through WebXpress after registration. Upon acceptance, evaluated transfer credit may be viewed through WebXpress.

Transfer applicants should have left their sending institution in good standing. Grades and grade point averages earned at another institution do not transfer. The transferred credits apply toward graduation, but the grade points are not used in calculating the academic average required for graduation. Students seeking information on the transferability of credits may contact the Registrar’s Office, the transfer admissions web pages, or an enrollment counselor.