Cyber Forensics Program Outcomes
Upon Completion of the Master of Science in Cyber Forensics, graduates will be able to
- Select the appropriate tools to recover operating systems, artifacts, and data.
- Identify current attack vectors and exploited vulnerabilities, including advanced persistent threats, used by criminals to gain access to information systems and propose appropriate defenses to exploitation.
- Analyze information systems for signs of breaches and identify data that has been exfiltrated from those systems.
- Produce a professional forensic report that includes the methodology used for the collection, handling, and preservation of digital evidence
- Interpret and apply the applicable laws and statutes that govern the search and seizure of digital evidence.
- Collect and preserve digital evidence (including volatile data and network data) during a computer forensic examination in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Provide an oral defense of the findings that appear in a written report.