MAT - Secondary Biology, Chemistry or Mathematics Program Outcomes
Consistent with the School of Education’s outcomes, upon completion of the Master of Arts in Teaching in Secondary Biology, Chemistry or Mathematics, teacher candidates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of discipline content and content-related pedagogy to design and implement effective instruction for all learners.
- Use knowledge of diverse students to design instruction and create a culturally responsive, equitable environment to support achievement for all learners.
- Design and implement instruction that engages students, encourages student participation, promotes higher-level thinking, and supports instructional outcomes.
- Design and implement assessment that monitors student learning, provides purposeful feedback on progress, and furnishes evidence to inform instruction.
- Reflect on teaching, collaborate in a professional learning community, seek professional development opportunities, engage in inquiry, persist toward goals, and exhibit integrity and professionalism.