MAT - Secondary Biology, Chemistry or Mathematics Prerequisite Requirements
To be admitted into the MAT program, applicants must:
- Complete a bachelor’s degree in a science or mathematics discipline from an accredited institution with 30 credit hours in the content area.
- Provide official transcripts of all previous undergraduate-level and graduate level college coursework.
- Official transcripts must come in a sealed envelope directly from the institution. If a student receives the transcripts, the student must keep the envelope sealed and deliver the transcripts directly to the admissions office.
- If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, transcripts will need to be evaluated by either WES or AACRAO.
- Attain a cumulative GPA in undergraduate coursework of 3.0 on a four-point scale.
- Attain a qualifying score on either Praxis® Core Academic Skills, Praxis® I, GRE, SAT, or ACT according to MSDE certification criteria.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, either professional or academic.
- Complete an interview if applying to the 15-month accelerated program.
To be admitted into a Teaching Internship (ED 710), candidates must:
- Attain a qualifying score on Praxis® II Content Knowledge assessment for the area of desired certification.
- Completed prerequisite coursework with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Complete a criminal background check.