Biology Program Objectives
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Biology, graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of fundamental biological principles to the description and analysis of living systems.
- Evaluate function as it relates to structure throughout the spectrum of biological organization.
- Apply laboratory research skills and techniques to the investigation of biological questions.
- Evaluate scientific issues and findings using primary research literature.
- Communicate scientific findings in written and oral formats appropriate to the audience.
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the professional and ethical standards of the discipline.
- Apply academic preparation to professional experiences outside the classroom.