Visual Communication Design Program Objectives
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Visual Communication Design, graduates will be able to:
- Solve communication design problems by thinking creatively and critically.
- Produce communication design solutions, considering audience, cultural, ethical, human, and market factors.
- Create, compose, and critique visual forms as well as verbal and nonverbal messages in response to design problems.
- Acquire material and technical skills necessary to realize design solutions according to professional standards and practices.
- Apply art history, visual culture, communication, and design research to visual communication practice.
- Plan, execute, present, revise, and justify design ideas and solutions independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Apply academic preparation to professional and cultural experiences both within and beyond the classroom.
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with the professional and ethical standards of the discipline by producing a design portfolio.