Criminal Justice Program Objectives
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, graduates will be able to:
- Articulate the theories, policies, practices, processes, and reforms of the major institutions of social control.
- Apply the theories and principles of both substantive and procedural law that regulate the justice system.
- Formulate a problem and assemble relevant information in order to develop a well-considered solution in a formal proposal and research paper.
- Employ an ethical framework to reach judgments and make decisions as a criminal justice professional.
- Apply classroom learning in an area of the criminal justice system through direct experience through an experiential learning opportunity in a criminal or juvenile justice agency or organization.