Environmental Science Program Objectives
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, graduates will be able to:
- Solve environmental problems by integrating knowledge from the natural and social sciences.
- Evaluate the effects of humans on the biosphere.
- Apply field and laboratory research skills and techniques to the investigation of scientific questions.
- Evaluate environmental issues and advances using scientific literature.
- Communicate scientific findings in written and oral formats appropriate to the specific audience.
- Conduct himself or herself in a manner consistent with the professional and ethical standards of the discipline.
- Practice environmental stewardship.
- Apply academic preparation to professional experiences outside the classroom.