Stevenson University sponsors a parallel enrollment program that enables academically talented high school students to take up to two courses during one or both semesters of their senior year.
High school students who wish to apply for parallel enrollment should
- Submit a Parallel Enrollment Application.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit a letter of endorsement from their high school guidance counselor.
- Submit a letter of permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Attend a personal interview accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with the designated admissions counselor for parallel enrollment.
- Have a cumulative unweighted grade point average of at least a 3.00.
- Submit SAT or ACT scores for placement purposes if the student wishes to enroll in English or math courses. A minimum 520 SAT critical reading score (45 English + Reading ACT) is required to take English 151. A minimum 500 SAT math (21 ACT math) is required to take the first college-level math course.
The application deadline (including all supporting materials) is June 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
Students accepted to the program must earn a 3.00 GPA in their first semester of Stevenson coursework in order to be eligible to pursue course work for a second semester.