Applied Mathematics Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics, graduates will be able to
- Demonstrate effective problem solving using techniques from calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, and probability and statistics.
- Construct, analyze, and interpret mathematical and statistical models.
- Use appropriate technology and software for problem solving and for mathematical and statistical modeling.
- Use appropriate mathematical and/or statistical reasoning, logic and mathematical proof to support and justify results.
- Engage in applied and open-ended problem solving both individually and collaboratively.
- Communicate mathematical and/or statistical reasoning clearly in both written and oral formats.
- Use, summarize, and analyze print and online mathematical and/or statistical resources.
- Apply mathematical and/or statistical skills to a particular focus area or within the professional mathematics culture.