Fashion Design Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design, graduates will be able to
- Apply the skills, concepts, methodologies, and behaviors to be practicing technical fashion design professionals.
- Execute sophisticated rendering, design, and computer skills to illustrate concepts, communicate design development ideas, create effective presentations, and translate into technical specifications.
- Demonstrate competence in visual expression of garment design from experience of the human form through life drawing and fashion drawing conventions to represent the clothed figure.
- Create a fashion portfolio of finished art, collections, and work and presentation boards expressing a personal voice and vision.
- Employ concepts of sustainability in global environmental, social and economic contexts as fundamental characteristics of comprehensive design strategies in the fashion industry.
- Articulate the history of fashion and costume design in a context of applied research and analysis.
- Integrate fashion design in the business context and use research to discern consumer psychology, markets, and trends to create strategically targeted product lines.
- Actively collaborate with design, merchandising, management, and specialty groups to make informed garment design decisions.